Saturday 9 August 2014

Things I would Like to Tell My Younger Self

Sometimes in a marriage we start thinking of things that went wrong, some things that could be changed and some things that we regret and we feel like writing a letter to our younger self to refrain from doing all those mistakes. Things I would like to tell my younger self are mentioned below:

Well, if given a chance to tell certain things to my younger self, I would definitely tell myself not to marry (pun intended). I would tell myself that be with the person who makes you happy and content. Marriage is one of the most fulfilling relationships and if you are not happy in it, it is irrelevant to stay married.

For all the readers who are wondering what my next point would be, well it is to avoid fights. Fights are good for a relationship but having arguments daily can take the life out of the relationship. To make a bonding successful, it is important to know how to resolve conflicts and forget the mistakes of each other.

From my relationship I have learnt not to have unrealistic expectations from your partner. Among the things that I would like to tell my younger self, I would tell myself to be more giving and less expecting. True peace comes from being there for each other. It is absolutely wrong to expect things from your partner that you would never do on your own.

Respecting each other and being a support system for your spouse is another thing that couples these days should keep in mind. A successful marriage is a result of lots of respect. Couples who do not respect each other are often the ones who end up being separated from each other. When friends and family leave you, you will only have your spouse beside you, being your support.

Have your priorities set in order to have a happy married life. Make your partner your priority and you will never fail in a relationship. Work and children can wait but if the intimacy in the relationship is lost, it can never be regained. Make time for your partner and go on dates and long drives, talk to your partner about your feelings and listen to what he wants to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment